THe ‘love baghdad’ project
Baghdad is a city of 7.5 million people facing extreme violence. Too often, children are the innocent victims.
There is a staggering number of orphans (defined in Iraq as a child who has lost one or both parents). Most have lost fathers through war and many go for days without a meal. Many homes have no roof and illness is common.
A simple plan, with life changing potential
Our team (who already provide monthly food packs to over 5000 orphans 7 Baghdad suburbs) want to do something extra – something simple, but special:
- Someone to encourage them – sit with each child and talk about their life, hopes and dreams.
- Something to bring a smile to their face – give each child a toy and a bag of sweets.
- Something practical – give each child a bag of clothes.
Simple, yes, but with the potential to impact lives.
How can we do it?
- There are 5460 poor children in the 7 suburbs we visit in Baghdad. Our teams of Iraqi believers are warmly welcomed in each of these places.
- The cost of the toy, sweets and clothes for each child is £10 (about $15 US or €11).
- The teams are committed to ongoing follow-up visits – to show love and care for the months and years to come.
- 3P Ministries (10+ years experience in Iraq) oversee and monitor the ongoing project and have agreed to oversee this work to ensure the funds are used as planned.
If you are able to help, thank you.
A £10 (or $15) gift per child will make all the difference
Please visit our support page to contribute and make a difference.
Back to Home Page